Foods during the consolidation phase
This article provides ideas for recipes for the consolidation phase of the Dukan Diet. This is the third stage of the diet. During the previous two phases – attack and cruise – you will have lost all the weight you need to lose. The consolidation phase is about maintaining that weight and ensuring that you do not regain the pounds that you lost.
- Any of the protein foods from the attack phase of the diet.
- Vegetables from the cruise phase of the diet.
- One portion of fruit per day except for bananas, grapes, cherries, dried fruits and nuts.
- Two slices of wholemeal bread per day.
- One serving of cheese, which equates to 40g.
- Two servings of starchy food per week. This includes pasta, couscous, polenta, lentils and beans. You are also allowed to add rice and potatoes to your meals but only in small quantities.
- Additional meats such as lamb, pork and roast ham.
You must also remember to eat oat bran every day but increase the quantity to two tablespoons per day, rather than one and a half tablespoons.
In addition to these foods, you are also allowed two celebration meals per week of your choice. This means you can eat whatever kind of food you enjoy but you must only have one serving.
With such a wide range of foods now available to you, it can be difficult to decide what to eat for dinner. Examples of consolidation recipes include:
- Sticky chicken with rice.
- Chicken shish kebabs, which combines chicken and peppers budeš.
- Mozzarella meatballs and salad.
- Roast pork with roast potatoes.
- Prawn Mexicano.
Sweets for Dukan Diet – the consolidation phase
If you have a sweet tooth, then there is a wealth of recipes you can try during the consolidation phase, such as:
- Lemon and lime cheesecake.
- Chocolate muffins.
- Carrot cake.
- Chocolate pancakes.
- Almond biscuits.
- Custard Swiss roll.
As you expand your food menu during the consolidation phase, recipe ideas are numerous. However, you must remember to have one pure protein day a week. On these days you can eat anything from the attack phase such as grilled fish, chicken with mustard, and beef kebabs. Get into the habit of setting aside the same day per week as your protein day.
By the time you start the consolidation phase of the diet, you will have reached your target weight. The idea of the consolidation phase is to train your body to maintain this weight and not to put back the pounds lost during the previous phases. As you are allowed to eat a wider range of foods during the consolidation phase of the Dukan Diet, you will not run out of recipe ideas, as there is so much to choose from.